Monday, July 8, 2013

Glossy Glam Review

Have you ever been in the situation where you just can't find the perfect topcoat? I've come to the point where the only topcoat I use is Seche Vite (SV) because it dries quickly and makes my nails super shiny. Just one major problem that SV causes is that it sometimes shrinks the polish (and therefore looks like you didn't paint the entire nail even though you swore you did!) or creates little air bubbles when it dries. :p Long story short, even though I use SV most of the time, it has some ups and downs like all polishes. But, if you're like me and you love a great glossy topcoat and don't want the shrinkage, then you really should look at Glossy Glam Topcoat by Ricarda. ;) Although I hope that you keep on reading the entire review, let's just start off by saying that it does everything that SV can do but WITHOUT shrinking your nail polish when it dries.
 
Quick before and after -- As you can see, Glossy Glam is just as shiny as SV.


So, you may be wondering what the heck shrinkage even means and why it makes me sad. Well here is a short detour to show you what I mean by Seche Vite sometimes shrinks my nail polish.
What I circled in blue just shows that not everything is glossy no matter how many coats of topcoat I put on. You can sometimes see exposed nail or just an un-glossy part of your nail by your cuticle. :/ Totally sad...
Okay! On a brighter note though, here is a bottle shot of Ricarda's Glossy Glam Topcoat which you will be able purchase here at her Etsy shop at a later time. (The release date is currently undefined). The price of this topcoat is also undecided but Rica said that it'll most likely range from $6.50 to $7.50 plus shipping/handling. I personally think that this is a great price because you get 15mL of topcoat with Glossy Glam and with Seche Vite you only get 14mL and it retails for $7.99 at places like Sally's. Enough of the purchasing details though, let's take a few more look at what this topcoat can do!
Boom! Just one coat of Glossy Glam over Chelsea Blue by Color Club. As shown in the very first photo, Chelsea Blue naturally dries matte so look at how pretty it is with some shine! :)
You see absolutely no shrinkage here with Glossy Glam. <3
One clarification that I'd like to address about this topcoat that I'm reviewing is that it's not supposed to be a quick dry topcoat. :p Seche Vite does indeed dry a lot quicker than Glossy Glam. However, SV not ONLY causes shrinkage, the formula also tends to get really thick quickly. I know that you can just restore it with special polish thinner but a lot of people (like me in the beginning of my nail polish journey) would just through SV away after it got too gunky and that can be up to a third of the bottle wasted! Glossy Glam really looks like a great alternative because it's cheaper, more effective, and there is one more benefit... 
Glossy Glam doesn't smell nearly as bad as Seche Vite! :D A lot of people complain about the strong chemical smell that SV possesses. Given that it's nail polish, you're going to have some chemical smell and I do admit, SV is pretty strong. With GG, you'll probably notice that it's no where as stinky! Oh. And yes, I added some blue polka dots just for fun. ;)
 
Well, this concludes my short little review on the Glossy Glam Topcoat by Ricarda! You can find more about her product on her Instagram and to hopefully buy this product in the future (along with various things like stamping plates!), check out her Etsy. And if you're still not done stalking her.. then check out her blog too. ;) I hope that you liked the GG Topcoat as much as I did! (Ah! And before I forget, this polish is handmade AND yes, it's 3-free meaning no formaldehyde, no toluene, no DBP (dibutyl phthalate) is used in the making of this topcoat).
 
Your Polish Pal,
Jenna
 
*I was provided the product(s) to review. I was not paid to give this review. This is my honest opinion based on my personal experience with the product(s).

2 comments :

  1. aw thank you for your honest review! I also wanted to mention that it's also 3-free (unlike Seche Vite!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything close to Glossy Glam on the market now that she is no longer in business?

    ReplyDelete