Saturday, February 8, 2014

French Tips + Hearts

Hey, hey my lovely friends! I know I took a quick break from all that pink with some purple yesterday but Valentine's Day is approaching quickly and I have to continue with more girly pink stuff. ;) So today I have for you my basic take at a French Manicure with little red hearts for an accent! This is the first time I've done French Tip nails so I know I have a lot of room for improvement. xD
 

My friend Bory, from Jolie Polish, sent me an awesome brush made specifically for doing French Manicures and for cleaning up around your cuticles. It also has a small dotting tool on the end. It's so spiffy! I love how well it cleans up your cuticles! ;D I will create a small FAQ on how to use it soon. :)
For this extremely basic French Tip Manicure, I used Wet n Wild White Crème for the tips and then used the brush to achieve that 'smile line'. Then after adding the white tips, I just sealed in the design with 1 coat of Jolie Polish White Crelly to get that classic French Manicure look. :) And of course I used just a little acrylic paint for my hearts. 
 I am loving this new brush and I can't wait to experiment with it more in the future! I tried doing leopard print with the French Tips but it just wasn't working out baha. I see myself sporting neon tips sometime in the near future though... ;) They don't look like perfect 'salon quality' but I also didn't spend $20+ bucks on acrylics or just getting my nails done! :O
 
How do you like my simple twist on a French Manicure? It's my first one and I cannot wait to try with a ton of other color!
 
Your Polish Pal,
Jenna

2 comments :

  1. Your french manicure is way better than mine :) Love the cute little hearts you added to it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of this design so much!
    And I really like your blog :)

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete