Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sweet Baby Cuticle Oil by Donna Review

One of the most important things that I've learned while nail blogging is how crucial it is to keep your cuticles moistened and well-kept. Nothing ruins a photo of your nails more than super dry cuticles. Oh don't worry! I'm not denying that at a point I was a beginner nail artist with horrible nail hygiene (yeah.. let's not discuss those dark times!) -- in fact, I wish someone would have told me about this wonderful thing called cuticle oil a long time ago!
 
If you haven't guessed yet, today I finally am reviewing one of my lovely Instgram friend's, @workinggirlnails, cuticle oil! Donna recently launched her business about a month ago and was kind enough to ask if I wanted to be one of the reviewers. :) So say hello to Sweet Baby's (by Donna) cuticle oil! <3 I've been using this product for almost 3 weeks and I'm very impressed! Keep reading for more info. ;)
 


 So just as a quick reminder.. I am ALWAYS 100%  honest in my reviews. Even though I am friends with many of these small businesses, I am here to accurately describe their product to the public. (YES. I always say the bad if there is any but I am NOT here to bash someone's item!) With that said, let's talk a little more about Sweet Baby's Cuticle Oil. :)
So first of all, this is what the cuticle oil looks like! It comes in a .33 oz glass roll on bottle (the roller ball is SOOO helpful!!) and the contents are completely natural! Donna was very smart and made sure that all her product are vegan and animal friendly, as well as paraben, soy, and nut free. She does warn though if you are allergic to any of these items, be sure to test out a small amount FIRST because error may occur (e.g. accidental contamination).  
Here is another shot of what my cuticle oil looked like! As you can see, you get a very generous amount. :) There are no preservatives but Donna does use Vitamin E and Tea Tree to help extend the shelf life to 3-5 months. Sweet Baby Cuticle Oil costs only $8 and comes in a variety of scents! I chose "Get Your Happy On" which smells like orange with a tidbit of grapefruit and lemon in there. If you love citrus, this is going to be your NON-TYPICAL scent! It really smells like orange with I LOOOVE. Not your classic lemon... (I have Burt's Bee's Balm and Orly's Cuticle Oil and guess what? They both come in lemon. :/ Nothing against lemon but this orange is refreshing!) Donna has 3 other fabulous scents that you can check out here if citrus isn't your thing.
Okay, now how to apply this cuticle oil! So it's really super simple and the results are GREAT. Here are how my cuticle look after just a week of using the oil. I used it once or twice a day.. it really depends on when you feel like you "NEED THAT CUTICLE OIL". I tended to use it whenever I was getting ready to take picture of my nails and right before bed. xD So because Sweet Baby has a roller ball to apply, that just means you unscrew the cap and apply straight onto your cuticles. After you've applied to all your cuticles, I massaged the oil into them just a little to get all the nooks and crannies with my other hand. I have Orly cuticle oil which tends to be a little bit greasy and you have to apply it with a brush so it's a bit awkward but I swear, Sweet Baby's isn't greasy at all and soaks into your skin quite quickly!
 
So this concludes my review on Sweet Baby by Donna Cuticle Oil. :) I love how easy and cheap this oil is. It makes your hands look great and you have a variety of scents for everyone! (Not just lemon guys.. bahaha! She even has unscented for those who hate smelly stuff ;)) Donna will hopefully add some lip balm and cuticle balm at some point (which I actually have) but will not be releasing for a while due to the heat melting the balms. Anyway, it was a pleasure to review your oil! It's so much better than my Orly Oil or my Burt's Bee's Balm. xD It's waay easier and smells better. ;) For more info on Sweet Baby products, check out Donna's website or stay in tuned with the latest on her Instagram!
 
Your Polish Pal,
Jenna
 
*I was provided the product(s) to review. I was not paid to give this review. This is my honest opinion based on my personal experience with the product(s).

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information.Relaxing Massage Oils by HealthAid combines lavender & patchouli with chamomile.

    ReplyDelete