Friday, October 11, 2013

Naruto Collection by Jolie Polish (Part 1)

Hey everyone! I finally have time to post some more super fun Jolie Polishes! Today I have for you Part 1 of the Naruto Collection, aka the glitter bombs. ;D So take a look at these wonderful macro shots and let's get started. :) I have many, many, polishes to show!! And yes, you may have already guessed that Bory was inspired by Masashi Kishimoto's shows and books called Naruto. ;) 
Once again, photo credit to Bory, the creator of Jolie Polish.

First up I have Ino!
Ino is of course a glitter bomb polish with a clear based and packed with fun all your favorite purple and pink glitters. (There are large pink and purple circle glitters, medium pink, purple, and grey hexagons, and finally itty bitty pink and purple dot glitters).
I am wearing 2 coats of Ino over Sinful Colors Let's Talk. Doesn't this make the best combo?!? I was really, really sad to take this combo off. :( But the swatches must continue!!
 
Next is Naruto, the polish that inspired the entire collection! This glitter bomb is pretty low key in comparison to the rest of the collection -- we have some small yellow and orange hexagons with larger white ones and also some large holo gold circles. Although it's not as "all-out" as the rest, it's still very pretty and I will be using this for Halloween nail polish. ;)
I am wearing 2 coats of Naruto over Sinful Colors Unicorn. The pastel yellow really makes the orange and gold stand out! Don't you see this being a fall polish? xD
 
Okay! Let's go back to the full on glitter bombs! :D Say hey to Kakashi! I've never had a polish with these little black glitters... I am so intrigued! They remind me of poppy seeds. :) Anyway, besides the tiny black glitters in a clear base, we have blue stars, medium blue, black, and silver hexagons, and white squares and white bar glitter.
Here is 2 coats of Kakashi topped on top of Wet n Wild Stand the Test of Lime. You could put this glitter toper over any color that would look good with the light blue glitter! I want to see how it looks with a nude base.
 
Now we have Sasuke! In this glitter, we have purple, silver, dark and light blue hexagons with some little silver glitters and those stinking awesome blue stars again! I love these things!!! :D We also have super small purple glitters and black shards. :)
I have 2 coats of Sasuku over Wet n Wild Teal Slowly and See.
And finally, I have for you Sakura which ended up being my favorite glitter bomb out of the entire collection! Pink polish is fantastic but give me some a variety of pink and purple glitters, you have me hooked! Thse are so some pink bar glitters and white hexagons.
I am wearing 2 coats of Sakura over Sephora Sorry... Calendar's Full! :) Hand downs my favorite but probably just because it's pink... ;)
 
Final Thoughts
The formula for the entire Naruto Collection was the same as the I <3 My Grandparents set. Basically the clear base was really thick and caused the heavy glitter to sink and therefore you had to fish out for the good stuff. :( You can read more about the specifics of the formula in my review of the I <3 My Grandparents because the formula is exactly the same. My favorites from Part 1 of the Naruto Collection by Jolie Polish (aka all the glitter bombs) are Sakura and Kakashi! I know that right now the formula is a bit iffy but I literally just figured out (as in last night) that if you have nail polish thinner and thin out the base, then it's easier to apply. But, I still think that it'd be nice if you didn't have to do that extra step.. Bory is currently working on that so stay in tuned for updates by following @joliepolish on Instagram. Check out the entire Jolie Polish Shop here!
 
This is just the first part of the Naruto Collection, I'm looking forward to show you the jelly part of the Naruto Collection! :D (Especially now that I know the nail polish thinner trick because the formula is still a bit thick in the jellies. :/) Thanks again, Bory! <3 (AKA @rinoa1107 on Instagram).
 
Your Polish Pal,
Jenna
 
*I was provided the product(s) to review. I was not paid to give this review. This is my honest opinion based on my personal experience with the product(s).

No comments :

Post a Comment