Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rainbow Butterfly Nails! (& mini tutorial)

Ahhhhhhhh, girls.. This is one of my ultimate, all time favorite manicures! Take a look below at my rainbow butterfly wing nails! I started off with a rainbow gradient and then added the design on top. :) I do have an updated butterfly wing tutorial if you'd like to learn how to do this design yourself! So take a look below and gawk at these beauties! 
Hehe I love these so much!
Here is my butterfly wing nail art tutorial! :) I hope that the picture is enough to help you make your own! I used acrylic paint and a paint brush to make the black lines but if you're really good, I'm sure you can do it with a tooth pick (or mechanical pencil) dipped in nail polish or a striping nail art brush :) In step 1 I showed my base nail with a gradient, but of course you can have any color! Check out my complete Butterfly Wing Tutorial for much more info on these! This is just an updated mini tutorial. ;)
I love gradient nails! Sorry, I can't give you the colors because I just use acrylic paints! I also topped the gradient with Polished by KPT's spectraflair! :) Which one is your favorite combo? I like the blue and the lime green one! (index & ring)
Love the black background! 

 
Isn't the white watermark kind of cool too? ;)
 
Anyway, sorry for the short post but I hope you like my butterfly nails! They are super cute and super easy to make. :) Until next time, Your Polish Pal, Jenna :)

1 comment :