Monday, August 20, 2012

Cloud Manicure Tutorial

Whoo! It’s pretty hot outside! Oh well, I’ll just stay inside and create some pretty nails for you. :) Today we are going to make another one of the trending nail designs at the moment, and they are cloud manis! The finished product turns out very lovely and it’s so simple to create! I also love how you can use ANY colors that you want! Look below and check out what I did. I really liked using light to dark color combo but like I mentioned, you can use any colors you want! So let's get started.

You will only need:
  • At least 3 colors, but you can use as many as you want. I prefer ones that use 3-5 colors though. ;)
The colors I used are Hard-Core Party and No Hard Feelings by Sally Hansen., Prince Street by NYC, and Sugar Plum Faries Gone Wild by Sephora.

1. Start with your base color. I used the light pink. (I didn't have enough purples hehe, plus the contrast is nice).
2. Okay, this is hard to explain but I'll try to show a visual below. You are going to make a few hills on your nail with your 2nd color. (This is going to be your background color of your "clouds"). To do this, I just used the nail polish brush and made one long stroke. Then another one right next to it in a slightly shorter length and so on. I was able to make 4 hills on my thumb nail, but my other nails only have 3.
3. Repeat step 2 with your 3rd color. This time start your hills on the 2nd color's.
4. And finally continue step 3 with how many colors you want! My final color was just a simple , chunky sparkle polish to add a litte glam. :) Now I'll try to show how to make the hills.

This is the basics to the making the "clouds". :)

Another visual with all the colors I used. :)

And as always, how my nails were made.

The light pink base (I love this color!) 
The first set of clouds! I used a lavender :)
The 2nd set of clouds! A dark purple :) 
And finally just added some sparkles all over the bottom clouds!  


So, I hope that you enjoyed our short and sweet tutorial on how to create some very elegant cloud nails. (I honestly don't know why they are called cloud manicures.. They look more like ruffles or scalloped edges... Meh. :)) Well until next time, Your Polish Pal, Jenna :)

I recently recieved an email from one of my followers (my first hehe ;)) giving me feedback on the blog and it made me really happy. ;) I just wanted to tell all of you thank you for taking a look and I'm so glad that I can help you gals and inspire you! If you ever need to contact me, please send me an email. ;) Thanks again everyone! <3






1 comment :

  1. I love how LONG your nails look. I push my cuticles back every so often but they like to shrink back. Any tips on pushing them back and keeping them there?

    ReplyDelete