Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Did I really create a separate manicure and tutorial for today? Yes, yes I did because I love you guys. :) Hurray for St. Patty's Day and my manicure to celebrate! I tried my hand at making shamrock nail art but couldn't get it just right on all my nails... but I was able to capture the best shamrock in a tutorial! Haha, so please keep reading for a 4-Leaf Clover Nail Art Tutorial AND my attempt at making a cute mani. ;)
 
First let's do our 4-Leaf Clover Tutorial though! ;) <3 All you need are 2 different nail polish colors (one should be green though since it IS a shamrock! ;)) and a dotting tool of some sort. I just used a mechanical pencil (the lead) and dipped it into polish. So let's get started! :D
1. Start off with your base coat and let it dry. I used I'm With The Lifeguard by China Glaze. Now, to make this shamrock, we are just going to draw 4 hearts basically. :) But just in case you don't know the "easy" way how to make a heart, I'll show you how.
2. So let's start off with 2 dots. I used Gaga For Green by China Glaze.
3. Draw one line coming out of one of the dots.
4. Repeat step 3 but keep in mind that this time you have to make the 2 lines connect. Do you see the heart now?!! (Or well, they're not hearts. They're clover petals. ;))
5. Now repeat steps 2-4 three more times to make a 4-Leaf Clover but I'll show you one more time. So draw 2 green dots.
6. Connect those 2 dots to make a heart (clover petal).
7. Repeat steps 2-4 once more like so.
8. And finally once more!
 
Taaaa-daaaah! There is your adorable shamrock! :D You can add a dot in the center or even a little green stem coming out of it to finish off your shamrock but I just left mine like this. :) (Until I messed it up and took of the entire mani lol...) So this concludes my nail art tutorial for St. Patrick's Day but go ahead and read more if you want to see how my nails look now. ;)

And these are how my nails turned out! :D I tried my best to make a rainbow (just in case you couldn't tell haha... ) and the little black pot of gold but it didn't exactly turn out like I wanted. xD
My base color is Wild Thing by Pure Ice and the rainbow was made with acrylic paint. xD And my gold is loose glitter. ;)
One last photo with my thumb! ;)
And oh hey...... this is me just in case you were wondering. ;)
 
Well, I hope that you enjoyed this short St. Patty's day post with the tutorial and funky mani! I better go back to studying for my finals so until next time, Your Polish Pal, Jenna :)

No comments :

Post a Comment