Friday, August 9, 2013

Rainbow Zebra Print Tutorial

Hey guys! Here is another short break from the ABC Nail Challenge! :) I do actually have my "K" nails ready but I decided to wait to post them because there is a Rainbow Nail Collab happening on Instagram and we aren't supposed to post the nails until everyone is done. ;) Well... that's ironic because my K nails were my first rainbow patterned nails and I was so obsessed that I decided to do rainbow nails AGAIN. ;D So today I have for you my rainbow zebra nails!!
 
Currently on Instagram, I have my first VIDEO tutorial on how to do gradient nails. :) Be sure to check it out if you haven't already! (Keep in mind that the IG vids can only be 15 seconds. xD Everyone's favorite part seems to be my quick ending. "Cleanuptopcoatdone." You'll only understand if you watch the video. ;) So click here and watch it!) Now, I'll show you how my finished rainbow zebra nails turned and let's learn how to make your own zebra print art. :)
 
Rainbow Zebra Nails Tutorial
 So here is a quick look at how my nails looked before the zebra print. :)
Rainbow Zebra Nails Tutorial
I am really starting to explore different gradient combos! I LOVE this rainbow though! :D Like I said before, just go onto my Instagram (@PolishPals) and watch the video to learn how to make your own gradient nails. :) I will try to start making YouTube videos but I don't have a good editing program yet and don't want to pay for Photoshop Premiere haha... Oh! And ALL of this is polish. :) The base is Sinful Colors Snow Me White and the rainbow consists of: China Glaze Poinsettia and Gaga for Green, Color Club Chelsea and Almost Famous, and Sally Hansen Sun Kissed. Let's take a look at my tutorial. :)
Rainbow Zebra Nails Tutorial
Zebra Print Nail Tutorial
1. Start off with your base polish. Like I said earlier, I already had a gradient underneath. :) You can do this with any solid color though. ;) Go ahead and do white for the classic zebra print!
2-4. Honestly, you just add random lines. People always ask for the zebra print tutorial so this is what I have! It's not really a tutorial on how to but instead just an example of how I do mine. I can't say draw a swiggly line in the left corner and then a short jagged line, etc. It doesn't work like that! xD You honestly just have to randomly draw lines but go ahead and copy my template I have for you!
5. And finally when you're done, top with a topcoat and you're done. :) (I used black acrylic paint btw).
Rainbow Zebra Nails Tutorial
And another shot of my rainbow zebra nails! <3
Rainbow Zebra Nails Tutorial
I'm just slightly obsessed with these...... ;)
Rainbow Zebra Nails Tutorial
And one last shot! These are one of my favorite summer manis. :) I hope you liked my rainbow zebra nails and I can't wait to show you my K nails. :D
 
Your Polish Pal,
Jenna
 
(P.S. OH MY GOSH I FINALLY GOT THE WET N'WILD NEW NEON COLLECTION! :D I looked at Walgreens and they weren't there but apparently Shopko is super cool so they had the entire collection. I got all of them for 69 cents each. ;) Wet n'wild is currently 30% off there! I will have swatches for those probably Sunday. ;) I can't wait to swatch them all! I have to keep this mani on though for at least another day. ;))

No comments :

Post a Comment