Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Black & White Triangles (+ Tutorial)

Hello, hello! I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July weekend – it finally hit the low 90s over here… I’m sure there are a few of you laughing at that “relatively low” temperature but over here in Eastern Washington, it’s just way too warm. xD The nail art that I have for you today is a chic black and white triangle nail design inspired by Kylie @kylettta on Instagram. :) We actually did a #maniswap so keep reading to see what mani she recreated. I’ll tell you right now that she puts my original to shame… >.<

Black & White Triangle Nails by Polish Pals
Black & White Triangle Nails

 I love doing geometric manicures because they’re so calming! You generally just paint straight lines and fill in some random areas.

Black & White Triangle Nails by Polish Pals
Black & White Triangle Nails
I tried really hard to make my triangles as perfect as Kylie’s. xD
Black & White Triangle Nails by Polish Pals
Black & White Triangle Nails
The polishes that I used are:
Seche Porcelain II (white)
First Loved Designs Zion (silver glitter)
+ black & white acrylic paint
Black & White Triangle Nails by Polish Pals
Black & White Triangle Nails
I even made a tutorial for these black and white triangle nails! :D And yes, I realized right after I made it that it isn’t very pretty but it show how “easy” this design is (if you can make straight lines baha!).
Black & White Triangle Nail Art Tutorial by Polish Pals
Black & White Triangle Nail Art Tutorial
Okay, so this is @kylettta’s original black and white triangle design – isn’t it absolutely perfect?
Black & White Triangle Nails by @kylettta on Instagram
Black & White Triangle Nails by @kyletta on Instagram
And here is her recreation of my pink and green triangle nails! Yeaaah. I am kind of embarrassed that she chose this design; I am so honored that Kylie agreed to do a #maniswap with me! If you’re not following her on Instagram, you MUST.
Pink, Green, & Black Triangle Nails by @kylettta on Instagram
Pink, Green, & Black Triangle Nails by @kylettta on Instagram
Mani Swaps always give me that spark of inspiration that I need. :) Seriously, I have been lacking good nail art ideas but now I have a few up my sleeve thanks to that spark! ;D

Your Polish Pal,

Jenna

2 comments :

  1. These look great. Black and white is so classic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial. I like the effect you've created!

    ReplyDelete